Venue: LA SPEZIA
Date: Thursday 03 Dec. 2015 – Friday, 04 Dec. 2015
Registration deadline: Fri, 20 November 2015
Register and Find more details now: link.
Mercator Ocean has contracted with DLTM, the Liguria Cluster of Marine Technology with
the support of the Euro-Mediterranean Centre for Climate Change (CMCC) and Spezia EPS,
(Chamber of Commerce of La Spezia). We are pleased to invite you to this first CMEMSMedSea
User & Training Workshop!
The workshop is open to current or potential future users of CMEMS who have a general
interest in ocean products covering the Mediterranean Sea, either as service providers or
end users, for research or business purposes. It is divided into two parts:
DAY 1 – USER WORKSHOP: CMEMS, WHAT BENEFITS FOR USERS?
- Presentation of the EU Copernicus Programme and of the Copernicus Marine Service activities: organization, online catalogue, products in the Mediterranean Sea, Service Desk support to users, User Uptake programme.
- Concrete Use-cases presented by users illustrating CMEMS data added value in several areas of benefits related to the Mediterranean Sea (Routing and Maritime Safety, Marine Resources, Coastal Environment…).
- Discussions and exchanges about specific user needs and requirements in the Mediterranean Sea.
DAY 2 – TRAINING WORKSHOP : EXPERIENCE CMEMS IN YOUR OWN DOMAIN
- Basic elements and methods of operational oceanography with regard to the CMEMS data & products in the Mediterranean Sea, be Observation or Models products (how to access data? how to use data in domain of application? How to generate scripts…).
- Q&A session with scientific CMEMS lecturers
- Training Session for experienced users
No participation/registration fee will be charged. Participants are expected to finance their own travel and accommodation expenses.