VISIR is a numerical model for computing optimal maritime tracks.
Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
The CMCC delivers ocean data through many ocean models:
- The Biogeochemical Flux Model (BMF) is a generalized biogeochemistry model based on a biomass continuum description of lower trophic levels in the marine environment,
- The CMCC Global Ocean Physical Reanalysis System (C-GLORS) simulates the state of the ocean in the last decades,
- The climate model CMCC-Med is a coupled model atmosphere-ocean-sea-ice focuses on the Mediterranean region,
- The CMCC–CESM–NEMO is the physical basis of the new CMCC Earth System Model where all the climate components (atmosphere, ocean, land and sea-ice) are fully coupled,
- The CMCC-ESM is a coupled-model that accounts for interactive dynamics of atmosphere, ocean, sea-ice and land components, with the inclusion of the marine biogeochemistry to fully represent the global carbon cycles,
- LIM is a numerical model of sea ice designed for climate studies and operational oceanography,
- MEDLISK is a freely available oil transport and transformation community model,
- NEMO is a pan-European community ocean-modeling framework owned and maintained by a consortium of institutes including the CMCC. It is in use in a wide variety of applications whose prime objectives are oceanographic and climate research, operational ocean forecasts and seasonal weather forecasts.
- SANIFS is a coastal-ocean operational system providing short-term forecasts in the Southern Adriatic Northern Ionian coastal Forecasting System,
Address: Via Augusto Imperatore, Lecce, Italy.
More information on their website.