Mercator Ocean International provides customised state-of-the-art services and continued service improvements to both support operational activities and help advance the scientific goals of our shareholders. Today MOi has 10 valued shareholders in 5 countries, leading actors in operational oceanography worldwide:
- CMCC: Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici SRL (an Italian research centre dedicated to climate and climate-related research)
- CNR: Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (the National Research Council of Italy].
- CNRS: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (French National Centre for Scientific Research)
- IFREMER: Institut Français de Recherche pour l’Exploitation de la Mer (French National Institute for Ocean Science)
- IRD: Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development)
- Météo-France: French national meteorological and climate service
- Met Office: the United Kingdom’s national weather forecasting service
- NERSC: Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Centre (Norwegian non-profit research foundation)
- Puertos Del Estado: Spanish government agency responsible for implementing the government’s port policy
- SHOM: The Service Hydrographique et Océanographique de la Marine (French National hydrographic service)
With its R&D activities, complex ocean simulation system, and expert forecasters, MOi covers the entire value chain of a highly-advanced operational oceanography centre offering our shareholders, partners and users from the public and private sectors a full range of tailored services.
MOi contributes to the activities of its shareholders, providing on-demand services and solutions for their mainstream operations as well as for specific scientific projects and sea campaigns.